Kernel modesetting

Florian Mickler florian at
Wed Mar 25 01:53:04 PDT 2009

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 21:54:55 +0100
Tino Keitel <tino.keitel+xorg at> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 20:54:02 +0100, Florian Mickler wrote:
> > Hi!
> > The Intel Xorg driver works with Xinerama. I'm writing you this half
> > on my 22"-Monitor and half on my Laptop's LVDS.
> I assume you use RandR instead of Xinerama.
> Regards,
> Tino

Yes, that was a misunderstanding on my side. I of course use the
randr-extension and thought that Xinerama was the term for ''one desktop
on more than one display'' and not a specific technology to achieve

But now i see that Xinerama is an specific extension to the X server.

Just out of interest: what is the term for ''one desktop on more than
one display'' ? I know that ''one desktop per head'' is called
zaphod-mode. But the other thing?