ANN: xterm patch #243
dickey at radix.net
Sat Mar 28 18:30:10 PDT 2009
Patch #243 - 2009/3/28
* revert change to default for allowTcapOps (request by Bram
* reallocate result returned by xtermEnvLocale() to avoid reference
to freed memory after handling menuLocale resource.
* fix an old (X11R5) bug in tek4014 for switching fontsizes.
* add resource defaultString to make configurable the use of "#" when
pastes of UTF-8 text fail due to limitations in the current locale
* make the set of selection target Atom's configurable by two new
resources eightBitSelectTypes and utf8SelectTypes, e.g., to use the
TEXT Atom in preference to UTF8_STRING (discussion with Stanislav
Sedov regarding koi8rxterm and the FreeBSD port).
* modify handling of TARGETS Atom by making it return exactly the set
of targets as those which xterm is currently providing.
* set MANPAGER and PAGER explicitly to /bin/cat in minstall.sh to
work around /etc/man.conf's with those variables already set
(report by Mar'yasin Semion).
* improve error-checking of tcap-query parser.
* add check for keyboard tcap), which ensures that terminal
descriptions containing the same string for shifted/unshifted keys
will be seen by tcap-query as only the unshifted key. (This would
only happen with an incorrect terminal description).
* fix conversion for input event-state to modifier-parameter which
made tcap-query feature not work with tcapFunctionKeys (keyboard
* add "DEF_ALLOW_XXX" definitions to main.h to allow overriding the
default compiled-in values for "allowxxx" resources.
* remove check on bell-percentage added in patch #242, which
disallowed zero/negative values (Redhat Bugzilla #487829).
Thomas E. Dickey
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 228 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the xorg