Detecting the used keyboard driver

Marvin Raaijmakers marvin.nospam at gmail.com
Sun May 3 11:00:28 PDT 2009

Yes I know the kernel keycode to X keycode translation is fixed for
each keyboard driver. But the problem is that the evdev driver (in the
X server) does another translation than the kbd driver. You stated:
 "As long as the kernel keycode is KEY_BATTERY, the X keycode will
depend only on whether kbd or evdev is in use."
And now we've come to the main question in my first mail: how can i
detect whether the X server uses the evdev or kbd driver?