Problems Testing New Radeon Code

Jerome Glisse glisse at freedesktop.org
Wed May 6 13:54:57 PDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-05-03 at 21:06 +0100, Mike Lothian wrote:
> 2009/5/2 Jerome Glisse <glisse at freedesktop.org>:

> >> My whole xorg stack is the latest git head my Xorg.0.log should confirm that
> >>

> > Still X tries to initialize DRI1 instead of DRI2 the cause is likely
> > because Xserver is not compiled with DRI2 enabled (i thought it was
> > default). I will hack ddx to fail if Xserver tries to initialize DRI1
> > when in KMS mode.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jerome Glisse
> >

> If you look in the Xorg log you can see that dri2 is loaded

I am working on ironing out a lockup, once i am done with that i will
update ddx to give more information on where it fails and why. Note
that my ddx may not work with lastest Xserver from git (i am using
1.6 or 1.6.1) i will update ddx bits too once i am done with fixing
more urgent bug in this WIP code.

Cheers,
Jerome Glisse