Xorg support to import options for non-Input sections?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue May 12 14:13:42 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Kevin Stange at 12/05/09 18:23 did gyre and gimble:
> So you're saying this HAL method is widely (or narrowly, but by the
> right people) disliked?  Using Gentoo it seems to be encouraged, and
> I've seen indications other distros (like Ubuntu) have picked up the
> technique as well.

HAL will eventually be phased out in favour of getting more direct
information from udev. I'm not sure how that will impact the Xorg side
of things but i'd imagine the end solution will be in some way related
to udev. (this is just a guess tho)

Col

--

Colin Guthrie