multiseat, -sharevts, and suspend/hibernate

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 12 17:47:36 PDT 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 5:37 PM, McDonald, Michael-p7438c
<Michael.McDonald at gdc4s.com> wrote:

> [...]

No, I was thinking more that if the xserver is not run by root, it
can't just have its way with the PCI resources. Then it can't wreak
havoc on what another xserver is doing with them, either. So, I think
that Tiago means that if the xserver is rootless, then it will
implicitly be accessing the hardware properly though the kernel and
will not interfere with another xserver trying to access the hardware.

--
Dan