ANN: xterm patch #250
dickey at radix.net
Tue Oct 13 04:04:50 PDT 2009
Patch #250 - 2009/10/13
* add check and error-message for fonts that have no printable values
in the ISO-8859-1 range (Debian #542434).
* some compiler-warning cleanup, in particular workaround for
defective implementation of gcc's attribute warn_unused_result
(report by Bram Moolenaar).
* improve estimate of single-column width for packed TrueType fonts
by ignoring extents for codes 127 and 159.
* improve line-drawing for TrueType fonts which happen to have
defined glyphs which are not line-drawing in 0..31 by assuming
they're not, and just checking the existence of the Unicode
codepoints. This makes it more likely that the user can override a
misconfigured font using the "Line-Drawing Characters" menu entry.
* limit minimum cell-width for packed font to maximum-advance
reported by Xft. Some fonts are wider than that, even in the
Latin-1 range (Debian #550497).
* add list of direct-contributors in "THANKS" file.
* stylistic changes to this file to help scripted extraction of list
* correct off-by-one in okPosition fix from patch #249
limit-checks which prevented double-click selection on the bottom
line of the screen (reports by Rajeev V. Pillai, Debian #550368).
* add -q option to vttest/256colors2.pl and vttest/88colors2.pl to
demonstrate bulk initialization of color palette.
* improve the workaround from patch #188 by enabling resources for
the 88-color model.
* document in xterm manpage the limited availability of resources
color16 to color255 as noted in patch #188 (Ubuntu #438850).
Thomas E. Dickey
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 228 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the xorg