pgp signatures (was: [ANNOUNCE] xorg-cf-files 1.0.3)

Fri Oct 16 16:05:12 PDT 2009

Robby Workman wrote:
> Fine for me:
>
> $ gpg --verify AlanC-mail
> gpg: Signature made Wed 14 Oct 2009 12:46:45 PM CDT using DSA key ID 1F2D130E
> gpg: Good signature from "Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at sun.com>"

They seem to come back fine for me too, though the automatic signature appending
of the mailing list does cause it to be a bit weird.   I use the enigmail plugin
for Thunderbird, which calls gpg for the actual signing, to sign the mails.

> gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.

One of these years we should have a key signing party at the X.Org Developer's
Conference.   Though I suppose I'll be needing a new key before then when my
e-mail address changes...

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com