More old hardware weirdness....

Yan Seiner yan at
Tue Oct 27 20:06:29 PDT 2009

David Gerard wrote:
> 2009/10/27 Yan Seiner <yan at>:
>> Now that I have X running, but I can't get the keyboard to work in X.
>> If I configure things the way I always do,I get nothing.  (see below for
>> xorg.conf snippet.)
> Does it work with an external keyboard?
Just tested.  No joy.

But I suspect that the external keyboard is slaved to the internal
keyboard; both keyboards work but no new device shows up in dmesg or

A day may come  (_)\(_)         ,>/'_      o__
when the courage of men fails, (_)\(_)     ,>/'_
when we forsake our friends and break all (_)\(_)
bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
It is not this day!
This day we ride!