Problem regarding configuring X server

Flittigs at PICT beproject2010 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 03:47:57 PDT 2009

Hello all,
Sorry for previous mail as it was sent incomplete by mistake!!!

We are undergraduate students.We are trying to configure X server for MPX
support as a part of our undergraduate project. We are configuring the X
server but  while configuring libX11 package error as follows:

checking for XPROTO... configure: error: Package requirements (xproto >=
7.0.13) were not met:

No package 'xproto' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XPROTO_CFLAGS
and XPROTO_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

So we configured xproto with following command :

*sudo ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gfx-test/
*
and set the path for PKG_CONFIG_PATH  and ACLOCAL path as

*export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/opt/gfx-test/lib/pkgconfig"
export ACLOCAL = "aclocal -l /opt/gfx-test/share/aclocal/"*

We checked the directory contents in the /opt/gfx-test/lib/pkgconfig
and it is showing the file xproto.pc

we also checked the version of xproto by command :

*pkg-config --modversion xproto
*
so it is showing
*7.0.15*

But still the xproto error is persisting. Please help in this regard.

Thanx..

<http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/git>