multiple monitors configuration without proprietary driver

Luis Alberto Padrón Hernández lpadron at iusiani.ulpgc.es
Mon Apr 12 03:28:43 PDT 2010

Hey, thank you very much Aaron and Walt. I have only one question more to have
it all solved.

I tried 'nouveau' as Aaron recommended (No, 'nvidia' closed driver (any
version) do not work even for only one monitor though it always worked in the
same machine with 32-bits installation.), and after some twiking, I have it
working almost fine with nouveau. And again your were right, and I have only
one card, so that also was wrong.

Here it is my last doubt. I would like one monitor to act like the main one
(with the gnome panels, and the login screen and so on) because it has more
qualitiy (the DVI one), but it just happen to be the other one which behaves
like this. I have tried to change orders in xorg.conf but nothing. Do you know
how to change that?

Again, thanks a lot.

Alberto