capturing windows from multiple threads

Dmitry Teslenko dteslenko at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 06:19:54 PDT 2010

Hello!
I writing yet another window switcher program and
I'm trying to investigate feasability of this design:
* several threads capturing window previews with XGetImage
* gui thread shows these previews to user

Xlib docs state that in multithreaded app XInitThreads should be called
first or programmer should protect all Xlib calls with thread-sync
facitilites. Does it mean I have no ability to prefrom Xlib calls from
different
threads at same time?