Concerning "X freezing occasionally", I can confirm, somewhat

Marty Jack martyj19 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 8 16:09:34 PDT 2010

I am finding that under as yet undiagnosed conditions starting an OpenGL program will cause the server to go into a loop around WaitForSomething.  This happens running Compiz and glxgears and fullscreen Flash video.  If I ssh in at runlevel 3 and run X from one terminal and glxgears twice from another, it works once and then will go into the loop.  Maybe this will help someone who understands server internals better than I do at this point to be able to zero in on what it is.  Once again, Intel 2.12.0, server 1.8.2, Mesa 7.8.2, kernel 2.6.35.