X lib support for embedded systems.

Siji Sunny sijisunny at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 00:21:18 PDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Praveen J C (RBEI/EST1) <
Praveen.JC at in.bosch.com> wrote:

>  Ok its like this:
> Our application was developed using fltk-1.3.x. We have lots of existing
> code that depends on fltk.
>
> But the person who decided to use fltk-1.3 was really a moron.
> Because, fltk-1.3 was modified by nano-X people to use nxlib interfaces,
> and all to test the nano-X (x server type) library.
>
> This was a few years back.
> Now we need a change in fltk. fltk-1.3 has latin1 encoding support and we
> need our application to internationalize.
> Now for the same we have an answer with fltk-2.0. It supports utf-8. Also
> note that all of the fltk is built and tested with X11.
>
> The problem is if I use the same setup, replace fltk-1.3 with fltk-2.0, I
> need to do lots of changes in nxlib and nano-X, for which I do not have
> enough time and also it is risky.

So I think that the easiest solution would be have X11 running on the system
> directly. So that fltk-2.0 runs without any problem.
>
> Do you follow?

Yes, it's pretty clear now.But forget to mention about the OS part.Do you
have to stick with any specific OS?if no, then I will recommend to use
Angstrom with X(kdrive), which you can build lively by using online builder.

Angstrom repository already contains fltk (not sure about the version).

--
Siji Sunny