Problems with X.org and incompatibilities with in-house software

Corbin Simpson mostawesomedude at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 19:12:02 PST 2010

Posting w/o quotes because, frankly, there's a lot of text here.

MIT-Sundry-Nonstandard never was on any Xorg server I can recall; I
remember UT2k4 bitched bitterly at me over it, back when I was still
an fglrx user. Google and git suggest that it's been disabled since
before 2006 and was finally nuked in 2008.

Xprint client code still lives on in Mozilla; have you checked in with
them? They may have working server patches. AFAIK the only reason it
has bitrotted to the current state is because of a lack of actual
clients using it; any intrepid person could probably keep it alive.

IIUC RECORD supersedes XTrap and XEvIE although I'm not really
up-to-date on the input stuff.

Admittedly, I'm kind of young, but I had to go Google all the other
extensions to even get a hint of what they do. That's probably not a
good sign. :3

--
Only fools are easily impressed by what is only
barely beyond their reach. ~ Unknown

Corbin Simpson
<MostAwesomeDude at gmail.com>