Problem bringing up X11.

Rajesh Marathe rmarathe at i-rode.com
Sun Jan 3 20:57:35 PST 2010

Hi,

I am a newbie to X programming and am facing a problem while bringing up
X system on Linux based ARM board. I have latest Linux base from LTIB.
On running the "Xfbdev" command, I get a segmentation fault with warning
messages. Output is attached below:

mx27# Xfbdev -screen 240x320x60  -mouse tslib,,device=/dev/input/event1
&
[1]
1726
mx27# Warning: mode not found, using
default
expected keysym, got XF86Battery: line 59 of
inet
expected keysym, got XF86WLAN: line 60 of
inet
expected keysym, got XF86Suspend: line 174 of
inet
expected keysym, got XF86Battery: line 205 of
inet
expected keysym, got XF86Bluetooth: line 206 of
inet
expected keysym, got XF86WLAN: line 207 of
inet
expected keysym, got XF86Hibernate: line 214 of
inet
added keyboard Unknown KDrive Keyboard with dix id
2
initialising keyboard Unknown KDrive
Keyboard
Couldn't find keyboard driver
keybd
initialising pointer Generic
Pointer ...

Backtrace (1
deep):
0: /lib/ld-linux.so.3
[0x40012e80]

Fatal server
error:
Segmentation fault
caught

[1]+  Segmentation fault      Xfbdev -screen 240x320x60 -mouse
tslib,,device=/d1

Can you please help me get my X working on my board. Thanks!

regards,
Rajesh Marathe.