Xorg crashes...

Justin P. Mattock justinmattock at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 22:06:29 PST 2010

On 01/05/10 21:34, Ryan Daly wrote:
> Would anyone be able to take a look at a bug report I filed with Ubuntu?
>
> My Xorg server keeps terminating on me and sends me back to the login
> screen.  I have obtained a number of backtraces, all of which are logged
> in the bug report.  The link to the bug report is below.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/499484
>
> I appreciate anyone who can shed some light on this for me.  Thanks.
> --

> This message and any files transmitted within are intended
> solely for the addressee or its representative and may
> contain company sensitive information.  If you are not the
> intended recipient, notify the sender immediately and delete
> this message.  Publication, reproduction, forwarding, or
> content disclosure is prohibited without the consent of the
> original sender and may be unlawful.
>
> Concurrent Technologies Corporation and its Affiliates.
> www.ctc.com  1-800-282-4392

not sure whats going on, but by
looking at the log I see some userspace tools
erroring out(which should not keep the screen from
going forward), but I also see something about
fglrx not found.. could either mean that you
haven't the xorg module, as well as the kernel module,
or the fglrx module is crapping out with the
xserver version(had this a while ago with fglrx,
ended up switching to radeon);

hope this helps.

Justin P. Mattock