Xorg Crashes ... Ryan Daly

Ryan Daly daly at ctc.com
Wed Jan 6 12:57:57 PST 2010

On 01/06/2010 02:49 PM, Tim McConnell wrote:

> Thanks,
> Tim McConnell
> <timothy.mcconnell at comcast.net <mailto:timothy.mcconnell at comcast.net>>
>

> On Wed, 2010-01-06 at 11:27 -0800, xorg-request at lists.freedesktop.org wrote:
>
> What is the model of the Nvidia card? Also what do you have installed as
> far as software versions (xorg, that sort of thing)?
> I know in Fedora there are different versions of the Nvidia drivers that
> you have to get from a separate repo ( I think Debian calls them non
> free contribs, wouldn't know about any version of Unbuntu), to me it
> sounds like you have the wrong drivers installed.

The model of the card is below:
: linux13 63#; lspci | fgrep -i nvidi
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G84 [Quadro FX
570] (rev a1)

I have the most recent Xorg packages provided by Ubuntu.  The Xorg
server is below:

: linux13 72#; apt-cache show xserver-xorg-core
Package: xserver-xorg-core
Architecture: i386
Source: xorg-server
Version: 2:1.6.4-2ubuntu4
[...]

I also have the most recent proprietary nVidia driver provided by Ubuntu:
ii  nvidia-185-kernel-source             185.18.36-0ubuntu9
             NVIDIA binary kernel module source

This message and any files transmitted within are intended
solely for the addressee or its representative and may
contain company sensitive information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, notify the sender immediately and delete
this message.  Publication, reproduction, forwarding, or
content disclosure is prohibited without the consent of the
original sender and may be unlawful.

Concurrent Technologies Corporation and its Affiliates.
www.ctc.com  1-800-282-4392