Xorg crashes...

Ryan Daly daly at ctc.com
Wed Jan 6 19:17:15 PST 2010

On 01/06/2010 09:39 PM, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
>  you need a newer version of xmacros
> (everything is at cgit.freedesktop.org)

Got'em and installed in /usr/local.

> hopefully ubuntu is up-to-date
> i.g. hopefully it doesn't take
> much to use the latest version.
> (you can also grab the tar ball
> there if it becomes too much, or try older
> versions of ubuntu's package);
>
> hard part right I see is pinpointing what exactly
> is exiting your server, so you don't have to
> do the trial and error approach.

I got a clean compile after using the latest version of the macros.

I compiled on a separate x86 system, but the same version of Ubuntu.
Can I take xf86-input-evdev/src/.libs/evdev_drv.so and simply copy that
to /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/evdev_drv.so (the Ubuntu location) on the
troubled system and restart X?  Should I continue to run w/ GDB attached
to obtain another backtrace?

This message and any files transmitted within are intended
solely for the addressee or its representative and may
contain company sensitive information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, notify the sender immediately and delete
this message.  Publication, reproduction, forwarding, or
content disclosure is prohibited without the consent of the
original sender and may be unlawful.

Concurrent Technologies Corporation and its Affiliates.
www.ctc.com  1-800-282-4392