some help please X freeze laptop

Morgan M.C.M-L morgan-informatique at laposte.net
Thu Jan 7 16:59:59 PST 2010

Thank you Felix for helping me. I'm a newbee on NetBSD, so :

1- uname -a -> 5.0.1-Release, and I've made a netinstallation. I'm a
strong Debian user so at the reboot I just start X and there were
messages. After analysing all I discover I had nothing ; moving the
xorg.conf gives this :

!!! Strange because it gives me a black screen but it does not freeze
!!! I've been able to ctrl+alt+F2 and log and shutdown -r now !!! I
don't know why it works a little now, perhaps there is little pieces of
program somewhere (I tryed to compile pkgsrc yesterday but there were
too many errors and it was long i stopped it...)

So the laptop isn't frozen without xorg.conf !

2- for hal and dbus I don't know it is a simple install but whith
everything (do I need to compile pkgsrc  ???)

3- lspci not found -> I drop a compilation of pkgsrc this night.

Contacting you tomorow.

Morgan