Xorg crashes...

Ryan Daly daly at ctc.com
Fri Jan 8 05:59:47 PST 2010

On 01/08/2010 08:38 AM, Ryan Daly wrote:
> On 01/07/2010 06:07 PM, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
> Yes, typing seems to be the trigger...but there are times when it stays
> up for hours, if not a day or two before exiting on me.  Then, once it
> does it seems to do it frequently if I log in again.
>
> Could hardware problems trigger this?  I apologize if I'm repeating, but
> I have Ubuntu 9.10 on three systems, and only this one particular
> desktop is exhibiting this behavior.  (The other two systems are laptops...)

I was able to obtain another backtrace after starting via a tty.  This
produced a different backtrace from what I'm used to seeing.  Although,
it could be because I'm using a newer evdev_drv.so.

The link where I posted the new backtrace is below:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/499484/comments/7

This message and any files transmitted within are intended
solely for the addressee or its representative and may
contain company sensitive information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, notify the sender immediately and delete
this message.  Publication, reproduction, forwarding, or
content disclosure is prohibited without the consent of the
original sender and may be unlawful.

Concurrent Technologies Corporation and its Affiliates.
www.ctc.com  1-800-282-4392