I have problems with the BlankTime Option: Any help?

dolphin001 at gmx.de dolphin001 at gmx.de
Sun Jan 10 14:45:50 PST 2010

Hi!

My humble request is that at no (NO!!!!)
REALLY NO!!!!!! circumstances a screensaver
comes into action when I use X.Org.

With Debian Etch this is no problem.
But, with Debian Lenny, I have a real problem.

In the "etc/X11/xorg.conf", I add an entry
like that:

Section "ServerLayout"
  Identifier "Layout0"
  Screen "Screen0"
  .
  .
  .
  Option "BlankTime" "0"
  Option "StandbyTime" "0"
  Option "SuspendTime" "0"
  Option "OffTime" "0"
EndSection

If I let the computer stay at the login screen
of KDM, then no screensaver appears. This is fine.

If I let the computer stay in a KDE session, then
also no screensaver appears. This is fine, too.

As long as I have only one KDE session (Ctrl+Alt+F7)
at the same time, I have no problems, because I have
exhaustingly deactivated all screensavers at the
whole system. This was not simple, but now I know
the tricks.

The problems arise as soon as I use multiple
KDE sessions at the same time. For example,
user "user" as Ctrl+Alt+F7 and user "root"
at Ctrl+Alt+F8.

If I let stay the computer in the Ctrl+Alt+F8
session, then after 10 minutes, the screen turns
blank (black color).

If I let stay the computer in the Ctrl+Alt+F7
session, then also after 10 minutes, the screen turns
blank (black color).

What could be the reason of this unwanted behavior?
How I can solve this problem?

Any kind of help would be welcome. I am
at my wits' end.

dolphin