I have problems with the BlankTime Option: Any help?

dolphin001 at gmx.de dolphin001 at gmx.de
Wed Jan 13 23:46:32 PST 2010

> On 01/13/10 03:31, dolphin001 at gmx.de wrote:
> > @Markus: The script that you had to wrote, does it consist of the
> > "xset s noblank" entry?
> >

> Correct. It uses xset to disable screen blanking. I'm not too happy
> about that being the only way to disable the blanking either. There has
> to be a better way.
>
> /Markus

In the meantime, I found out that only "~/.kde/Autostart"
is recommended, and only then if I put a sleep command before
the xset command. The reason is that after the KDE session
finished loading, it always sets "prefer blanking" to "yes"
(can be found out with "xset q").

So, I have a file "~/.kde/Autostart/disable_screensaver.sh"
for each KDE user with permission 755 and the following content:

sleep 60
xset s noblank

The number after sleep can be 10 or 60 or so and it assures
that the KDE session finishes loading before the xset command
comes into action.

dolphin