Different cursor _themes_ for multiple pointers?

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Jan 14 15:31:58 PST 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 11:20:16PM +0100, Antonio Ospite wrote:
> Hi,
>
> inspired by a previous discussion[1] I've written a dumb tool to control
> cursors for multiple pointers with Xcursor and XInput2:
> http://git.ao2.it/xicursorset.git/?a=blob;f=xicursorset.c;hb=HEAD
>
> Now I have a question, would it be possible to change the whole cursor
> theme for an arbitrary pointer in a multi-pointer setup?

last I checked, cursors are simply XIDs that are assigned to a device. all
the theme handling is done on the client side, isn't it?

so you might have to shuffle around a bit switching cursor themes before
you could extend the Xcursor spec and API to hold multiple cursor themes
simultaneously, which may be the right thing to do long-term.

Cheers,
  Peter