MuTouch touchscreen drivers - Inverted Y axis

Christopher Camden ccamden at cbnco.com
Mon Jan 18 11:21:04 PST 2010

Hi,

I was using the MuTouch driver with Xorg 6.9 and everything was working
perfectly. Then I updated Xorg to version 1.6.1 and the MuTouch driver
from git (2009-07-17) and the Y axis was suddently inverted. I also
tried with MuTouch version 1.2.1 and I had the same result. Is this a
bug with X, the MuTouch driver or my configuration file? I tried
swapping the MinY and MaxY values and it worked, but I was wondering if
this is the expected behaviour, or is it a bug?

Thanks,

Christopher Camden

Relevant xorg.conf part:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "touchscreen_serial"
    Driver "mutouch"
    Option "Device" "/dev/ttyS1"
    Option "BaudRate" "2400"
    Option "InputFashion" "Touchpanel"
    Option "MaxX" "16350"
    Option "MaxY" "16350"
    Option "MinX" "0"
    Option "MinY" "0"
    Option "Name" "MUTOUCH:TOUCHSCREEN"
    Option "ReportingMode" "Scaled"
    Option "SendCoreEvents" "on"
    Option "Type" "Finger"
    Option "Screen" "0"
EndSection

Relevant Xorg.0.log part:

(II) LoadModule: "mutouch"
(II) Loading /lib/xorg/modules/input//mutouch_drv.so
(II) Module mutouch: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
    ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 4.0
[...]
(**) MicroTouch FINGER input device: /dev/ttyS1
(**) Option "SendCoreEvents" "on"
(**) Option "CorePointer"
(**) FINGER: always reports core events
(**) Microtouch X device name: FINGER
(**) Microtouch associated screen: 0
(**) Option "MaxX" "16350"
(**) Microtouch maximum x position: 16350
(**) Option "MinX" "0"
(**) Microtouch minimum x position: 0
(**) Option "MaxY" "16350"
(**) Microtouch maximum y position: 16350
(**) Option "MinY" "0"
(**) Microtouch minimum y position: 0
(**) Microtouch ThruGlass frequency is: 0
(**) Microtouch device will work in Landscape mode
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "FINGER" (type: MicroTouch Finger)
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/ttyS1"
(**) Option "BaudRate" "2400"
(**) Option "StopBits" "1"
(**) Option "DataBits" "8"
(**) Option "Parity" "None"
(**) Option "Vmin" "10"
(**) Option "Vtime" "1"
(**) Option "FlowControl" "None"
(--) MicroTouch touchscreen is a , connected through a serial port.
(--) MicroTouch controller firmware revision is 10.11.
(--) MicroTouch status of errors:  z.