restore from suspend to ram

Jethro Tull heavytull at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 7 14:38:26 PDT 2010

I have a radeon mobility X300 in my laptop.
Switching the laptop to sleep state works, but restoring from that state results in screen not turning back on.
I read that the radeon has such problems when using the frame buffer was on, but even when it's off my laptop's screen does not turn back on.
The computer itself seems to work fine meanwhile. I have to restart with Ctrl+Alt+Del.
I'm using Xorg 1.7.7 on the default slackware 13.1.