configuring a 3 button mouse.

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Mon Jun 7 17:56:25 PDT 2010

Dan Nicholson wrote:

>>> wheel work, and click not ? hum ... the middle button not working at
>>> all ?
>>> to test it, for example, use middle button on links of Firefox, opens
>>> links ?
>> Wheel scrolls, but button does nothing on links or anything else.

>>> seems correct , may be is not X fault ...
>> What else could it be???  I might hook this mouse up to another linux box
>> and see if it does the same thing.
>
> I don't think it's the driver emulating 3 buttons. Looking at the old
> mouse source, it should be giving you a message like "(**) Mouse0:
> Emulate3Buttons, Emulate3Timeout: 50".
>
> Can you run xev and look for the what codes it gives you when you
> press the middle button and left+middle?

Absolutely no output when pressing the middle (wheel) button.

It's quite difficult to depress the left+middle at the same time as the
wheel turns.  The fact that I get nothing when the middle button is
depressed is weird.  I'm beginning to wonder if I have a bad mouse?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."
- Thomas Jefferson