xorg can't load qxl driver

Brian Milliron brianm at io.com
Tue Jun 8 16:38:12 PDT 2010

Liang,

Turns out I was missing debhelper.  I installed that and tried the
instructions again, however I have new problems.

> dget http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/x/xserver-xorg-video-
> qxl/xserver-xorg-video-qxl_0.0.12-1.dsc
>
> cd xserver-xorg-video-qxl-0.0.12
>
> fakeroot debian/rules binary

On this step, I get an error about xserver-xorg-dev version 1.7.6.901
needs to be installed.  But I don't know where to get this package.
I've tried apt get install xserver-xorg-dev but this requirement is an
older package and apt get only gives me the latest version.  I've also
tried looking on packages.debian.org but the only version they have is
2:1.4.2-10.lenny2.

So I'm kinda stuck without this dependency.