Google Summer of Code 2010 Project Idea

Marcelo Galvão Póvoa marspeoplester at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 16:57:13 PDT 2010

Hello, I'm a student interested in participating in GSoC 2010 and I
would like to submit a new idea for a project but I don't know if it
is feasible because of technical or proprietary source code issues
with Apple.

My project would concern in providing a better Mac OS and X
integration in some user-oriented aspects such as:
- Separate every application window in its own dock icon and make it
fully featured, including drag and drop files, exposé, etc.
- Transform X windows into "native" windows, so they accept features
such resize and move using Universal Access and dragging content into
it.
- Provide smoother scrolling via mouse/trackpad.

This would benefit mostly users of GTK or wine applications like me.

Any help/hint will be appreciated.

Note: I'm resending this email to this list because the first time I
did I guess it wasn't delivered because of Rich Text formatting. Sorry
for any inconvenience.

Regards,
--
Marcelo Galvão Póvoa