WebGL under debian, radeon driver

Sven Arvidsson sa at whiz.se
Sun Oct 3 06:11:34 PDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 20:00 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> Yes, I'm pretty sure. Compiz is accelerated, and so is Google Earth.
> Glxinfo says also so.
> How many fps do you reach ?

It's possible to use software rendering only in Firefox. I was thinking
that maybe it falls back to using this as a fail safe in case
accelerated rendering isn't possible. Anyway, that's just a guess.

Not sure about fps, didn't see a counter in the teapot demo, but it
seems fast enough.

> > I think you still need an Xserver with pbuffer support (the one in
> > debian experimental should do) and you're probably better off with
> > really recent 3D driver - the 7.9 RC or straight from git.
>
> Xserver from experimental is uninstallable here (deps problem).

Yes, I recall needing to shoehorn it in. It's probably a better idea to
get up to date 3D drivers first and see if that's enough to get WebGL
working.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson