Configuration of ALPS touchpad

Łukasz Maśko ed at yen.ipipan.waw.pl
Mon Oct 4 03:58:34 PDT 2010

I'm having problems with my touchpad recently. I have a Dell D430 with Alps
touchpad. Some time ago I had it configured with synaptics driver and
everything worked like charm - tapping, scrolling, corners and so on. But
recently, I don't know since when, I'm having problem. Tapping or touchpad
corners are not working. Scrolling is working perfectly. I'm also getting
some strange errors in log (http://yen.ipipan.waw.pl/~ed/Xorg.0.log.gz). My
touchpad is configured with the following file:

$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "touchpad catchall"
        Driver "synaptics"
        MatchIsTouchpad "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"

        Option "SHMConfig" "true"

        Option "LeftEdge" "120"
        Option "RightEdge" "900"
        Option "TopEdge" "120"
        Option "BottomEdge" "660"
        Option "ClickFinger1" "1"
        Option "ClickFinger2" "3"
        Option "ClickFinger3" "2"
        Option "HorizEdgeScroll" "1"
        Option "VertEdgeScroll" "1"
        Option "UpDownScrolling" "1"
        Option "LeftRightScrolling" "1"
        Option "EdgeMotionMinSpeed" "200"
        Option "EdgeMotionMaxSpeed" "200"
        Option "VertTwoFingerScroll" "0"
        Option "HorizTwoFingerScroll" "0"
        Option "HorizScrollDelta" "20"
        Option "VertScrollDelta" "20"
        Option "FingerLow" "18"
        Option "FingerHigh" "19"
        Option "FingerPress" "256"
        Option "PalmDetect" "0"
        Option "PalmMinWidth" "10"
        Option "PalmMinZ" "200"
        Option "MinSpeed" "2"
        Option "MaxSpeed" "2.5"
        Option "AccelFactor" "0.020"
        Option "MaxTapMove" "110"
        Option "MaxTapTime" "180"
        Option "MaxDoubleTapTime" "300"
        Option "EmulateMidButtonTime" "75"
        Option "EmulateTwoFingerMinZ" "100"
        Option "TapButton1" "1"
        Option "TapButton2" "3"
        Option "TapButton3" "0"
        Option "RTCornerButton" "0"
        Option "RBCornerButton" "0"
        Option "LTCornerButton" "0"
        Option "LBCornerButton" "0"
        Option "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
EndSection

What's wrong with my config? Can you help me with this?
--
Łukasz Maśko                                           GG:   2441498    _o)
Lukasz.Masko(at)ipipan.waw.pl                                           /\\