Xorg Problem with Intel DH55HC on board VGA

Corbin Simpson mostawesomedude at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 11:22:03 PDT 2010

Are you using KMS? Have you considered a more modern kernel  or Xorg?

Sending from a mobile, pardon the brevity. ~ C.

On Oct 20, 2010 8:56 AM, "Mark Mark" <mark024 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone
> I am working on Xwindow-7.2.0 , on a LFS system (lfs6.6- blfs-6.3), on a
X86_64 bit machine, DH55HC Intel motherboard , with onboard VGA.
> When trying to start Xorg, or to test the configuration the screen hangs
up, and no response from the PC, even (ALT+CTRL+Bkspce) is not working.
> I installed the intel driver , and choose the "intel" as driver in
xorg.conf , but same ..
> I also used a new kernel : linux-kernel-2.6.34.2 .
> But same problem , try to install the intel driver , but nothing changed.
> Also I tried to use the vesa driver.
>
> Note that :
> - when I tried the same LFS on a virtual machine and it works succesfully
even before the new kernel, which means is a hardware or driver problem .
> - Another X window system (fedora core 13) is running on the same hardware
, which I compiled my LFS on .

> I hope I can find an answer here .
>
> Kindly find attached a copy of the xorg.conf , and also two log files,
first one when choosing intel driver, and second one , when choosing vesa .