Disabling Copy&Paste with the mouse wheel

Ewgenij Sokolovski ewgenijkkg at gmx.de
Thu Oct 28 00:39:55 PDT 2010

Hello, guys. Is that possible with the xorg-version 1.9.0? I it runs on Ubuntu Maverick. I the old Debian Lenny distribution I just added the following two lines in the input device section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
Option "ButtonMapping" "1 9 3 4 5"

That solved the problem. In my current Ubuntu Maverick installation, I do not have an InputDevice-Section. I tried xinput, but "xinput list" writes a quite strange output:

Virtual core pointer id=2 [master pointer (3)]
Virtual core XTEST pointer id=4 [slave pointer (2)]
HID 04d9:1400 id=9 [slave pointer (2)]
Virtual core keyboard id=3 [master keyboard (2)]
Virtual core XTEST keyboard id=5 [slave keyboard (3)]
Power Button id=6 [slave keyboard (3)]
Power Button id=7 [slave keyboard (3)]
HID 04d9:1400 id=8 [slave keyboard (3)]

I tried several mappings on the ids 2, 4 and 9 of the list above. But that did not work ((

BR
Ewgenij