How to properly use XGrabKey to get a program hotkey

cheshirekow cheshirekow at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 08:00:50 PDT 2010

> This will only work if the window manager or the window with focus
> doesn't
> already grab the same keys. Does the example work without a window
> manager
> running?

Thanks for the reply, but I believe libX will generate an error if the
keys are already grabbed. In this case there is no error generated.

Anyway, I discovered the problem. I was using the ControlMask modifier,
and the numlock was down on my keyboard. Evidently numlock counts as a
modifier. *doh*. The example works fine now.