Create a *real* top level window

Burton Samograd burton at userful.com
Wed Sep 15 14:49:12 PDT 2010

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to create a full screen window that is 'always on
top' no matter what is currently running.  I am currently using a
standard window with OverrideRedirect set that raises itself every few
seconds, which works in pretty much all cases that I need it to except
when the user has a screensaver running that locks the station.

In this case it ends up fighting with the screensaver and password entry
dialogue. This is not acceptable for what I am doing.

So the question is: is there a way to create a window that is always
topmost in the stacking order that can never be overridden?

Thanks in advance.

--
Burton Samograd