The search for a new X.Org logo

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Fri Sep 17 05:12:09 PDT 2010

Seems that since Phoronix reported on our desire for a new logo it's
gotten a bit more attention than before.

Before people start getting to far ahead, what the Board would like
first is a volunteer to figure out how we should go about this - for
instance, running a contest with a prize?  Who should select it?
What are the criteria?

Sorry for the artists getting excited about submitting things right
away, but we hadn't sent out a call for logo submissions yet because
we're not ready.

If you'd like to help with this (and this is a great opportunity to
contribute for people who have good organizational skills but aren't
interested in coding), please contact board at foundation.x.org (but
please remember many of us are at the XDS this week, so with limited
attention/access to e-mail).

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com