Running xrandr in different screen cause the problem (even specifying the "--screen" option)

ddreamer at ms93.url.com.tw ddreamer at ms93.url.com.tw
Sun Sep 19 11:11:10 PDT 2010

My Equipment:
ASUS M51SN with nVIDIA 9500M
Ubuntu 10.04, using current nVIDIA proprietary driver
2 Monitors: one with the laptop, another is SAMSUNG 24" supporting HDMI

I have configured the two monitors to use separate X with the xrandr indicating the monitor with
the laptop as screen 0 and the other screen 1.
I can successfully rotate the SAMSUNG 24" when opening a terminal in that monitor by "xrandr -o
left", "xrandr -o normal", "xrandr -o inverted", or "xrandr -o right" without any problem. Adding
"--screen 1" to the command above works fine.

However, while opening a terminal in the laptop(screen 0), entering the above commands with
"--screen 1" option will deteriorate the monitor output so that I must restart X.

--
http://home.url.com.tw
房地產專業知識分享, 互動, 與累積的大寶庫