Create a *real* top level window

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Mon Sep 27 21:17:18 PDT 2010

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 07:13:46 +0300 Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindfors at iki.fi>
said:

> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster at rasterman.com> writes:
> > do you have a cm? (composite manager) - sure. if you steal focus from the
> > wm's manageme3nt by doing it via another client pipe - yes. u can get
> > focus. wm is still hung. u cant move, resize, restack or do anything else.
>
> No I'm not using a cm. And I'm ok with not being able to move/resize
> the SAK window. It's going to be used only for short period of time
> anyway, e.g. for singing a command with GPG.

then why not just use xgrabserver during the "security sensitive" time to lock
out all other clients... though composite manager will be locked out. u wont
see any rendering on the screen then. :) so u may have a custom solution just
for your situation where you are willing to give up things, but it is entirely
miles from a general solution.

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com