Touchscreens (mutouch) & multiple heads

Michael Smith msmith at cbnco.com
Fri Apr 15 09:11:09 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have an Intel 915GM with two heads, each 800x600. One head feeds a
touchscreen using the mutouch driver. Touchscreen input is being scaled
by the total screen dimensions (1600x600), rather than just the 800x600
part of the display that is connected to the touchscreen.

In the past I would have hacked up the mutouch driver to add overrides
for ScreenWidth and ScreenHeight. I understand the X server now handles
conversion of raw coordinates (in dix/getevents.c?), and the mutouch
conversion_proc is no longer called.

Where is the right place to add a way to override the screen width used
for converting raw coordinates? Or is there already a way to do this?

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier "touchscreen_serial"
         Driver "mutouch"
         Option "Device" "/dev/ttyS1"