[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server 1.10.0

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Mon Feb 28 07:40:09 PST 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 10:20:34AM +0100, Piotr Gluszenia Slawinski wrote:
>>      xfree86: Drop linux libc5 support from the SIGIO code
>
> hmm, could this be elaborated?
> affects older slackware boxes, etc.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it's really not our job
to support distributions released over 10 years ago. One of the nice
things about git is that it makes maintaining local patchsets easy. If
you'd like to take on the responsibility of maintaining a light fork of
Xorg with libc5 support then I think people would be absolutely fine
with that.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org