Status of Multiseat and choosing a methodology

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Sun Feb 26 00:06:59 PST 2012

On 2012/02/25 21:39, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> ZS>  I am looking for a simple way to (re)implement multiseat, preferably
> ZS>  on ubuntu with GDM and not KDM, but might consider any nice light
> ZS>  window manager gifted with simplicity and speed.
>
> I know nothing at all of ubuntu, but I did want to point out that
> automatic multiseat support is a feature of Fedora 17.  See the feature
> page at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ckremoval for details.
> You can see all of the matches to various systems which were required;
> in most cases they're all upstream now, but some of the functionality is
> in systemd so it may have no applicability to ubuntu.
>
>   - J<
Nice!
I like the idea that at least someone is moving towards generic support
for multiseat.

I have not used RedHat since before Fedora, and I see that the Fedora
release cycle is 6 months, basing off May.
This means that the upcoming 17 (needed for "generic" multiseat) is
still 3 months away.
Would anyone care to comment on the stability of using 17 this far in
advance?
I'm hoping for experiences in the past, rather than the usual: "well,
you know that there is always a danger of wadda wadda"

Thanks for the heads-up, J.

Kind regards,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

65 Main Road, Muizenberg 7945
Western Cape, South Africa.

34° 6'16.35"S 18°28'5.62"E

Tel: +27-21-7884897  Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax: +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za