Configure Xorg on 2001 PPC iBook with Debian 6

Mike Mackenna mpmackenna at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 09:08:30 PST 2012

Added this to the device section as shown below.  The weird part is
that when I try to do a "startx" it acts like it is going to work and
I just get one bar of color across a black screen.  I also can not do
a Ctrl Atl F1 or F2 to get a different tty session.  The only way I
can restart is to hold down the power button or ssh in to issue a
reboot command.  I get totally locked out of the machine.  When I ssh
to the box top shows Xorg just hammering at the processor with like
90% utilization.

Thanks for the help!
Mike

Section "Device"
        ### Available Driver options are:-
        ### [arg]: arg optional
        #Option     "NoAccel"                   # [<bool>]
        #Option     "SWcursor"                  # [<bool>]
        #Option     "Dac6Bit"                   # [<bool>]
        #Option     "Dac8Bit"                   # [<bool>]
        #Option     "DMAForXv"                  # [<bool>]
        #Option     "ForcePCIMode"              # [<bool>]
        #Option     "CCEPIOMode"                # [<bool>]
        #Option     "CCENoSecurity"             # [<bool>]
        #Option     "CCEusecTimeout"            # <i>
        #Option     "AGPMode"                   # <i>
        #Option     "AGPSize"                   # <i>
        #Option     "RingSize"                  # <i>
        #Option     "BufferSize"                # <i>
        #Option     "EnablePageFlip"            # [<bool>]
        #Option     "Display"                   # <str>
        #Option     "PanelWidth"                # <i>
        #Option     "PanelHeight"               # <i>
        #Option     "ProgramFPRegs"             # [<bool>]
        #Option     "UseFBDev"                  # [<bool>]
        #Option     "VideoKey"                  # <i>
        #Option     "ShowCache"                 # [<bool>]
        #Option     "VGAAccess"                 # [<bool>]
        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver      "r128"
        VendorName  "ATI Technologies Inc"
        BoardName   "Rage Mobility M3 AGP 2x"