defining sound card in xorg.conf

Giuseppe Penone giuspen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 23:31:22 PDT 2012

for usb audio cards there's a good explanation here
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/UsbAudioDevices

anyway to make it simple:

1) check that your system recognized the usb audio:
cat/proc/asound/cards

2) set the desired card as default used:
sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base
go to the bottom and change the index of the default card from -2 to 0

cheers.