multiple keyboard layouts and switch between them - place to set for local user?

Giuseppe Penone giuspen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 09:34:13 PDT 2012

Yep there's the applet "Keyboard Layout Switcher" that displays the
keyboard layout and let you change between available layouts
but does not let you add/remove layouts (and does not list the available
layouts), so far I had to add/remove them in /etc/default/keyboard and only
after
that the applet lets me change between them.
Thank you anyway, cheers,
Giuseppe.