X11

Michelle Thibodeau michelle.thibodeau at vivintwireless.com
Tue Mar 31 09:46:23 PDT 2015

Hello,

I have been having some major issues with my XQuartz X11 application.
I'm on a MacBook Pro running OSX Mavericks.
Anytime I open the application, it gives me an error:

The Application X11 could not be opened.
An error occurred while starting the X11 server:
"Cannot move old log file "/Users/user/Library/Logs/X11/org.macosforge.xquartz.log" to "/Users/user/Library/Logs/X11/org.macosforge.xquartz.log.old""

Now, I have looked in some forums for people who have had a similar issue, and none of those fixes have appeared to work.
I had to manually uninstall all aspects of the X11 app just to get the pop-up to go away.
I've tried re-installing it, rebooting my computer, etc., and nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michelle Thibodeau * NOC Technician *
michelle.thibodeau at vivintwireless.com

* O:  (801) 229 - 6843
* M: (801) 615 - 1821

The information in this e-mail is for the use of the designated recipients only.  This email is considered confidential unless otherwise indicated and may also constitute an attorney/client communication or attorney work product subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret, and therefore, is privileged and confidential.  If you are not an identified recipient of this e-mail, you are instructed not to review it or any attachments, to immediately permanently delete this e-mail, and are further directed to not disseminate, forward or copy any information from this email or any attachments.