Xorg server compilation error

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Mon May 15 16:50:56 UTC 2023

On 5/14/23 00:30, h3140067568 wrote:
> I am a Linux developer from China. I encountered an error while compiling
> xorg-1.12.2 version of the development project. The error comes from the
> sdksyms. c file in xfree86 under the hw file in the project, which prompts
> sdksyms. c: 324:15: error: expected expression before ',' token
> (void *) &,                                                  /* ../../
> include/os.h:93 */

xorg-1.12.2 was released in May 2012, and superseded by 1.12.3 in July 2012.
It has not been supported in any way in many years, and I don't know of anyone
still building it today.

It appears that the hw/xfree86/sdksyms.sh script generated an invalid sdksyms.c
file for you.  It worked for others at the time the release was made, so you
could try to figure out what is different in your environment vs. what was used
then, or look for later changes applied to that file to see if they help.

Of course, upgrading the entire X server to a newer version that is still used
by others would be a great choice as well, but I don't know why you're stuck
on an 11 year old release to know if you can do that.

         -Alan Coopersmith-                 alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
          Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/solaris