[synaptics] Require minimal finger move for moving cursor

kaycee gb kisscoolandthegangbang at hotmail.fr
Fri Apr 12 15:56:41 UTC 2024

Le Fri, 12 Apr 2024 10:57:13 -0400 (EDT),
Vladimir Dergachev <volodya at mindspring.com> a écrit :

> On Fri, 12 Apr 2024, kaycee gb wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a "crappy" touchpad on my dell laptop that drives me crazy. I am
> > unable to fix the sensitivity/jump problems when clicking. I tried different
> > things. Sometimes it seems to help/make the jumps less present but not
> > really for a long time.
>
> Dell touchpads are usually pretty good.

I had one vostro 1510 and one 1520 in the past, there was not so much troubles.
Recently I tried a vostro 3300 and now this 3350, just can't make then work
correctly.

> I suggest to check which touchpad driver is being used, there might be
> some useful messages in dmesg or /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

It is synaptics driver. 1.8.3 (last version I can have from packages) and more
recent versions tried too, same effect.

> Another possibility is that the battery went bad, is buldging and pushing
> on the touchpad.

I don't see how the battery can interfer with the touchpad. The battery is near
the screen, above the keyboard, and touchpad is below.