[Bidi] RTL support in Qt

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Tue May 24 22:44:53 PDT 2005

Hi Sirs,
I have already began an effort to support RTL languages in the upcoming Qt4 by
sending bug reports against it's latest snapshots. You can find the updated
list bugs at
I will be happy if people on this list can share their opinion, especially
that I need your confirmation that these same issues apply also to other RTL
languages besides Arabic.

I have some questions, for example, In Arabic if I set the format to be
dd.MM.yyyy with the date 01/01/2000, I want this string to be displayed
2000/01/01, do you agree? Do this also apply to persian and other RTL
languages? Do this work now on GTK+?

Any other suggestions?

Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Maintainer of the OpenBugs project page at
Master CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA