[Clipart] First Meeting

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at math.umd.edu
Thu Apr 29 22:23:48 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington wrote:
> Maybe Jon could be our point person with the invites?  I suspect that
> good places to post would include the user lists for Inkscape, Sodipodi,
> Open Office, and Scribus, plus maybe the Gnome Footsteps news site?  I
> assume we don't want the invite to go *too* broadly just yet, since
> we've only had the one release so far...?

If you are interested in OpenOffice.org input, 02:00 UTC would be bad, since
OOo has a strong European following (and almost all our developers are
European).

If you assume that contributors are equally spread throughout the world
(something which is not usually true) the best time is 15:00 UTC.  That
makes it a morning meeting in the Americas, an afternoon meeting in Europe,
and an evening meeting in Australia.  The only place that gets a really bad
time (4am) is the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Of course, the best idea is to just ask when people can make it, as each
project is different.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera | No trees were harmed in the generation of this  e-mail.
PhD student.   | A significant number of electrons were, however, severely