[Clipart] OpenPhoto project.

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Fri Aug 20 01:37:34 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington wrote:
> Actually, we had always been Public Domain from the start - we inherited
> that decision from the Sodipodi Flags effort from last year.
>
> We did discuss about allowing licensed work in addition to Public
> Domain, and discussed GPL, LGPL, BSD, Artistic...  I don't recall
> Academic Free License coming up, but it might have.

at some point Alan proposed Academic (probably because AFL was a hot
topic in april, proposed also in some other projects, i believe because
the topic of software patents was also hot at that time):

"Rather than public domain I would think that a license more like the
Academic Free License that retains copyright (and I think copyright
should be pooled and given to a group like freedesktop.org) and
explicity disclaimes liability might be better."

http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/clipart/2004-April/000032.html

> In any case, we decided to keep it simple, and do PD only.

yes, we agreed on PD

--
nicu